Sometimes one of the besties that we want by our side on our wedding day is our dog. First, where do I find fabulous wedding attire for dogs? Next, how will we include our dog(s) in our wedding? Whether it’s elaborate or simple, they may steal the show.
Here you’ll find chic ideas and resources all in one place to make it a fun to-do item to cross off on your wedding checklist. Browse below for inspiration for including your dog(s) in your big day.
Chic Ideas to Include Your Dog(s) in Your Wedding
To have a happy wedding and include your dog in some or all of the day’s happenings, here are a few things to consider in planning.
•Schedule your dog for a check-up from your vet shortly before the wedding and check if any shots need to be updated.
• Confirm that dogs are allowed at your ceremony & reception (if going to both) venues. It’s best to get this in writing with your venue contract.
• Look for and book a pet sitter, check at Rover, early in the planning process with a solid backup pet sitter in place. Have the dog sitter meet your dog before the wedding to practice with your dog and pack a backpack with their wedding attire and everything they need for the day. Give the backpack to the dog sitter before the wedding. Make sure the wedding leash has your id information on.
• Include information on your wedding stationery so guests with allergies can prepare accordingly.
• Meet with your photographer early in planning to discuss how and when to include your dog in the photos. Like engagement photos, getting ready photos, etc.
• Plan your ceremony and venue so you are a few hours’ drive from your house to accommodate your dog’s needs.
• At your ceremony and reception, plan for your decor up high from the dog’s reach. Choose flowers that are dog-safe. (Tulips, oleander and sago palms are toxic to dogs).
Fabulous Wedding Attire for Dogs
Photos via blog post WEDDING ideas & trends
Photo 1 via Pawshion on Etsy | Photo 2 via TheWagLifeCO on Etsy
Photo 1 via HouseodFurBaby on Etsy | Photo 2 via DashingDogCompany on Etsy
A flower crown is chic wedding attire for dogs. Perfect for a bohemian-style wedding. Made by Bark, this crown is more than wedding attire for your dog; it’s also a toy that crinkles, stretches, and squeaks. So much fun for your dog whether they’re staying for the reception or heading home for a quieter space.
Photo 1 via Albenka on Etsy | Photo 2 Marti&Company
Well, that’s a wrap. I hope you find inspiration for wedding attire for your dog and how to include them in your wedding. 💖