I’ve always loved Mother’s Day even before I became a Mom back in 1981. There’s something about this day being just for Moms who seldom takes time for themselves, let alone most or part of a day, that makes me extremely happy. Also, I’m always up for a celebration. So let’s make this Mother’s Day super special for our Mom’s and any ladies that have played that role for us. One that they will always cherish. To help get the celebration going we’ve complied gift-worthy ideas. Also, none of these ideas are overly pricey, take a lot of time, or are hard to find. As a bonus, the gifts are gift-wrapped, shipped free, or available for pick-up at Marti & Co.
GIFT IDEA #1
Choose something special from Marti & Co.’s gift list for your Mom, Grandma, or your daughter who is now also a Mom, and we’ll gift wrap and send it to her. We also have a Pick-up option for who are local.
- Choose anything from the gift list above.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on Facebook or Instagram with your selection, your mom’s address, and your personal message for your gift.
- I will gift wrap your gift, handwrite your message on a hand made gift enclosure card, and ship, all for free.
- What’s better than free shipping? How about 20% off your order?
- Once you place your order I’ll send an email with the order total + tax. Payment options: credit card, Venmo, or PayPal.
GIFT IDEA #2
A Gift card is always a good idea for most moms. There are lots of stores offering gift cards now, especially since we’re staying home to continue to help flatten the COVID-19 curve. I’m an advocate of shopping small businesses so here are my recommendations from local businesses in our area. Leigh from Essential Massage in Cresco just announced today that she will be available for gift card purchases at her business from now through Mother’s Day. Ladybug Landscapes and Decorah Floral also have gift cards available. Most businesses have a system in place to purchase a gift card. Call your Mom’s favorite business and make their day by purchasing a gift card. At Marti & Co., a gift card can be purchased by calling 563.379.7583 and also by email email@example.com. Bonus! We have 20% off a gift card purchase of $50.00 or more now through Mother’s Day. We won’t tell anyone if you make a purchase for yourself. -Top Secret!
GIFT IDEA #3
Since going to the Spa isn’t an option right now, how about creating a spa day at home for your Mom? This can be as simple has making her favorite beverage, serving her favorite dessert, styling her hair while her feet soak in a luxurious foot bath ( no big expense here, epsom salts and a few drops of an essential oil will do your foot bath in style ) and including a good book will make her feel like a super special woman. Here are some online resources to add to an at home-spa day:
• Foot lotion – Cocoa Butter is my favorite. $4.29 at Target
• Books – find her favorites and wrap them just with a ribbon bow.
• Turkish Towel Set at Target
• Candles, shop Anthropologie, von maur, or Target for starters.
GIFT IDEA # 4
For all the moms who have a business or work in business, how about a gift of new office supplies to brighten the daily routine? I was doing an online Target run the other day – so missing my in-person Target runs 😐- and found this chic office supply kit that comes with a 5-star review, and is $9.99!
GIFT IDEA #5
A favorite quote of mine “I must have flowers, always, and always.” ― Claude Monet. This quote brings to mind another gift idea for Moms. Flowers and/or plants were always a favorite gift for my Mom.
Some ideas: seeds, a unique pot, and a watering can, or a subscription to a plant of the month club.
• SeedSaver’sExchange is located north of Decorah, Iowa and ships seeds and offers a membership program where members receive 10% off orders. A great source to visit and also, order flower and vegetable seeds and plants
• BloomsyBox is a farm-to-table flower subscription box delivered each month. A new hand-picked bouquet from the finest sustainable flower farms in the world will be delivered to your Mom or your special moms! Prices start at $39.99 with free shipping
• Pet-Friendly Plant Box A pet-friendly subscription box with non-toxic (cats & dogs) plant delivered monthly. Care guides included. Plants may include succulents, herbs, etc. and come in a 4″ potted plant. Prices start at $12.
• TheFlowerPotNursery on Etsy The picture above shows plants in a 2″ pot for a mini terrarium fairy garden, $16.99 with free shipping.
I’m hoping there’s an idea here that will work for your Mom because in this current time our energy has had to be focused in so many places and we need to have some sense of normalcy, even though it’s new normalcy in our lives. Shopping for your Mom’s Mother’s Day gift is fun and brings grace into your day that remains with you and your Mom, always. 💖